Click-Ads™ Editorial Guidelines
The most effective ad communicates a clear message quickly. Understand that ads only get a glance. Make sure that in that glance, you capture your reader's interest.
Our ultimate goal is your success, and our guidelines that follow hope to achieve that. Also, certain policies must be followed, so all advertisers must adhere to these guidelines.
Please contact us if you should ever have any questions. We're here to help!
Use clear language; no gimmicks.
- Use standard punctuation: no repeated or excessive symbols.
- No excessive capitalization.
- Avoid repetition.
ALMOST FREE !!!!
We've almost GIVING OUR DANCE SHOES AWAY!?#$! ALMOST FREE!
- Excessive Capitalization.
- Excessive symbols.
Dance Shoes at great prices!
We're the top distributor in the US for quality dance shoes.
- Product is quickly understood.
- Clear message.
- No gimmicks.
Check Spelling and Grammar.
- Check that all words are correctly spelled. Poor spelling starts you off with a poor first impression.
- Check that your grammar is logical; however we understand that some abbreviations and shorthands are common.
Your ad must be relevant to the selected channel(s).
- Your product or service should have wide appeal to the channel's readership. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting your money.
- For example, don't advertise dance shoes on a massage therapy site.
Be honest, no off color language.
We shall remove ads that:
- Are dishonest or deceptive.
- Advertise any illegal product or service.
- Are offensive, off-color, sexual, racist, demeaning, or use any language we deem unacceptable in our opinion.
- If your ad contains language regarding other products or services, support for this claim must be displayed on the landing page for your Click-Ads ad.
Support Advertised Prices, Discounts, and Free Offers
- If your ad includes a price, special discount, or 'free' offer, it must be clearly and accurately displayed on your web site within 1-2 clicks of your ad's landing page.
- Example: If you advertise dance shoes at "20% off", your landing page, or nearby page, should clearly display shoes at 20% off and support the 20% off claim.
Your target URLs must work, and accurately reflect your ad content.
- Don't waste money on a typo! Test your ad link before publishing.
- You may do so for free from your Click-Ads advertiser's home page.
- Your target URL should reflect what is being advertised.
- For exanmple: An ad for massage therapy equipment that when clicked direct's the visitor a site for mortgage refinancing is not acceptable.
No Pop-ups, spyware, annoyances in your target URL
- We do not allow landing pages that:
- generate pop-ups when users enter or leave your landing page. We consider a pop-up to be any window, regardless of content, that opens in addition to the original window.
- Attempt to begin a download.
- Provide annoying, pornographic, or otherwise offensive content.
If you have any questions about your ad content, please feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to assist you. We want your advertising experience with Click-Ads to be successful.